An Epic Uganda Chimpanzee Safari to the Primate Capital of the World Kibale National Park.
Have you heard of the Primate Capital of the World? If you haven’t had of it, no need to worry as I am going to give you an overview of this incredibly spectacular Uganda wildlife safari attraction. Kibale Forest national park is the famous Primate capital of the world. its regarded so because of its richness in primate species as its boosts to 13 of them. this is quite unique because, in the enture world, it’s such a rare occurrence to have this magnitude of primates all found in one area and that’s what makes Kibale a must-visit destination for all primatologists out there or wildlife enthusiasts. If you are to make a safari Uganda to Kibale National Park Uganda. You will embark on a 5 hour journey covering 312km from Kampala city Uganda’s capital following the Kampala Mityana- Fort Portal road since in Kibale is located in the western district of Kibale and its bordered by Queen Elizabeth National Park in the south, Kasese and Kabarole districts in the west and the rest of Kamwenge district in the east and parts of Rugombe sub-county in the north. As you make this short but rather fascinating Uganda safari to Kibale, expect to be thrilled by the amazing Uganda lush green scenery that blankets most of Uganda’s landscape. Along the road, you will be amazed by numerous Ugandans who you will find engaged in numerous activities such as tilling their gardens, riding bicycles loaded with farm produce and if you undertake a safaris Uganda to Kibale national park in the early morning hours of the day, be sure that you are guaranteed with splendid sightings of the glorious sunrise which will definitely mellow your heart with its impeccable beauty.
On arriving to Kibale National Park while on your Uganda safari tour, you will be amazed by the splendour of this African tropical jungle which is quite interesting as it marries a multitude of different ecosystems or vegetation types which include wet tropical forest, woodland forests and savanna plateau that ranges between the altitude of 1100 to 1590m above sea level. Kibale forest national park Uganda’s landscape and vegetation greatly influence its climatic pattern which is a tropical rain forest climate experienced by areas covered by the Kibale forest to tropical savannah climate experienced by areas in the rift valley floor with annual rainfall amount received in the forest ranging between 1400-1900mm or 55-75 inches throughout the year. Most of this rainfall is received in two periods of double maximum between February- May and between September – December. The humidity levels range between 77-88% every day.
A combination of Kibale national park’s climatic conditions and vegetation makes this tropical jungle the perfect place for life to blossom to its fullest and this is evidenced by wide variety of flora and fauna that is flourishing within this pristine eco system hence creating numerous Uganda safari attractions in Kibale national park Uganda that you will encounter when you visit this incredibly beautiful tropical jungle. Some of the amazing tourist attractions in Kibale forest national park that you will encounter include 13 primate species which range from chimpanzees, black and white colobus monkeys, Vervet monkeys, Uganda mangabeys, l’hoest monkeys. For birder’s Kibale is truly a place to visit because it is home to 350 bird species which comes with endemics species like the great blue turaco and African green pitta. Given Kibale’s location adjacent to Queen Elizabeth National Park, don’t be surprised if you get to bump into some of savanna wild mammals while in Kibale such as bush elephants, cape buffaloes, African golden cats, Civets and Mongoose. This is majorly because Kibale is connected by a wildlife corridor to Queen Elizabeth National Park that spans about 180km which acts as a migratory route for some of these animals to and from Kibale to Queen Elizabeth national park.
With all these amazing attractions in Kibale national park, you are bound to have a fun-filled day when you decide to make this Uganda tour to Kibale given the numerous Uganda safari activities in Kibale you can engage in while here. Some of these tourist activities in Kibale national park you will engage in include a heartwarming Uganda chimpanzee safari given that Kibale is home to close to 5000 of these magical humans of the wild of which many of these have been habituated to give you a magical chimpanzee safari Uganda experience. You can also engage in a Uganda birding safari given all the 350 bird species you can sight while on this Uganda tours to Kibale national park. Definitely to undertake memorable nature walks here as you explore Kibale at your own pace.
Because Kibale is such a beautiful place to be with numerous marvellous Uganda safari tourist activities for you to engage in you will definitely a place to make an overnight stay in Kibale. This should not worry you a lot because there is a lot of Uganda safari lodges in kibale national park that will definitely cater for your accommodation while here. Many of the Uganda hotels in Kibale national park are ranked as luxury, midrange and budget hence making it easy for anyone to find a suitable lodge to stay in regardless of their budget levels. Some of the luxury lodges in kibale include crater safari lodge, Ndali lodge, Primate lodge Kibale and Kyaninga lodge. If you are interested in midrange lodges in kibale some of the options you should think of include Crater Safari Lodge, Kibale Forest Guest House, Kibale Forest Camp and budget lodges in Kibale include Rweteera Safari Camp, Kibale Guest Cottages, and Kibale Safari Camp. Because Kibale is such a beautiful destination to visit given the various attractions and activities you can do while here, many tour operators in Uganda offer both short Uganda safaris and long Uganda safaris to Kibale. Some of these Uganda safari companies that can offer your Uganda tours to Kibale include Prime Safaris & Tours Ltd, Wild Gorilla Safaris and many others.
Here are some tour packages in Uganda as a destination
- 2 days Murchison falls National Park Uganda wildlife tour
- 2 Days Queen Elizabeth National Park safari Uganda wildlife tour
- 2 days Uganda wildlife tour lake Mburo National Park
- 3 days chimpanzee trekking safari tour Kibale Forest National Park
- 3 days Kidepo Valley National Park safari Uganda wildlife tour
- 3 days Murchison falls National Park Safari Uganda wildlife tour
- 3 days Queen Elizabeth National Park Uganda wildlife tour
- 3 days Bwindi impenetrable gorilla trekking safari Uganda, gorilla tour Uganda
- 3 days Uganda gorilla trekking safari Bwindi impenetrable Uganda gorilla tour
- 4 days gorilla trekking safari Uganda wildlife safaris tour, Uganda wildlife safari Queen Elizabeth park
- 4 days Bwindi gorilla trekking tour lake Mburo
- 5 days Bwindi gorilla trekking safari Uganda wildlife tour lake Mburo
- 5 days primate safari Uganda gorilla safari Bwindi Uganda chimpanzee trekking safari
- 5 days Uganda gorilla trekking tour, gorilla tour Uganda, wildlife safari in Uganda
- 4 days Kidepo valley national park safari Uganda wildlife tour
- 4 days Uganda wildlife tour to queen Elizabeth national park & lake Mburo
- 5 days Uganda wildlife safari Murchison falls park & chimpanzee trekking safaris
- 6 days Uganda gorilla safaris, chimpanzee trekking safari Uganda
- 7 days Uganda gorilla trekking safari chimpanzee & wildlife
- 8 Days Uganda Gorilla Trekking Safari Tour Rwanda Wildlife & Chimpanzee Safari
- 8 days gorilla trekking safaris tour Rwanda wildlife & chimpanzee tracking safaris
- 9 days Rwenzori mountains safari Uganda tour
- 9 Days Rwenzori Mountain Safari
- 12 days Uganda Rwanda cycling adventure safari tour
- 10 days Uganda safari tour gorilla trekking Uganda, chimps safari, Uganda wildlife t